Sunday, January 01, 2006

2006 Green Resolution: Plant a few trees

All the energy I will use getting through 2006, coal and oil basically, leaves a carbon footprint that one can calculate. To absorb that carbon back from the atmosphere I can plant some trees or get Greenfleets Australia to plant them for me. Their tree planting is planned restorative planting that will also help to tackle salinity, improve water quality and provide essential habitat for native species. They have planted more than 2 million trees on behalf of Australian motorists and fleets since 1997, mixed native species with up to 12 varieties that will grow to maturation leaving a positive legacy for our children.

That and the change to ethanol blended fuel will help me minimise my ecological footprint.

Technorati Tags

No comments: